Library Rules and Regulations
Library guidelines and regulations help the library to create a conducive atmosphere for all in pursuit of learning, research and discovery. They are not designed to be punitive. Students are expected to read the library rules and regulations and abide by them.
These are as below:
- Students will be issued with a Student’s ID. If lost please report to the library immediately.
- Users shall not obtain or use a library card under false presences. All persons entering the library must show their university ID.
- Library books removed on the shelves should be left on the desk to be collected by library staff for re-shelving. A willfulmis-shelving library book is punishable.
- Reading space is limited and readers must not reserve seats by leaving personal items on them. Such items will be removed by library staff.
- All bags, briefcases, overcoats etc should be left at the baggage store at the library entrance.
- Respect the borrowing guidelines for various categories of books.
- Be courteous to library staff. They are charged with the duty of giving service to you as well as enforce library regulations.
- Library items should not be taken out of the library without proper authorization.
- Order and silence must be maintained at all times in the Library.
- Smoking, eating, drinking and sleeping in the Library is prohibited.
- Briefcases, bags, overcoats, hats, umbrellas, etc, are not allowed in the library. The library will not take responsibility for loss or damage of personal property left in the reading and baggage areas.
- All persons leaving the library must show all their documents to the Security staff at exit.
- Stealing or attempting to steal a library document or any of the library property is an offense. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
- Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbances should not be used in the library unless their use is silent.
- Ink bottles, paints etc, which may accidentally damage library materials are not allowed into the library.
- Damage of library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must be reported immediately to a member of library staff. Those responsible must pay for the damage.
- Fines of Ksh.5/= for each subsequent day will be charged for books returned late on long loan.
- Fines of Ksh.2/= for each subsequent hour will be charged for books returned late from Short Loan